Searching for the Best DUI Lawyer
Choosing the best DUI defense lawyer or the best criminal defense lawyer for your case is critical. When police officers arrest a person, their job is to testify against you in court. The prosecutor’s job is to prosecute you. If you plead guilty, the Judge must punish you, and punishment means that your freedom is restricted.
Considerations in Choosing a Top Defense Lawyer
There are many factors in choosing a lawyer. When lawyers choose a lawyer, they focus on
- the lawyer’s education. All lawyers went to law school, but which school suggests the lawyer’s level of competition.
- the lawyer’s experience. If the lawyer has had similar cases, it may be useful to know how the lawyer proceeded.
- the lawyer’s strategies. All a client can ask of a lawyer is to raise the issues and present the options.
Your Right to Demand Full Legal Services
Too often, criminal defense lawyers focus on arranging a plea. The job of the defense lawyer is to create a defense and give legal advice.
A lawyer cannot promise a victory but a lawyer owes it to the client to devote full time and attention each client’s case. For his clients, Lavine
Need to talk to a lawyer DIRECTLY?
Call Matt Lavine NOW 301-943-9080
Because of the intensive legal work he performs and the great attention he gives each client, Lavine limits the number of new cases that he accepts per month.
Over 30 Years in Trials and Appeals
Adjunct Faculty, UMUC, Law and Ethics
Maryland Court of Special Appeals, Law Clerk
Founder, ACLU Police Project (Pr. Geo’s County, Md.)
Of Counsel, Maryland Public Defender’s Office (felonies and appeals)
Matt Lavine’s Guarantees
It is a violation of Maryland law for an attorney to promise a particular outcome of a case to a prospective client. Lawyers can only promise that they will work hard, study the case, research the law, and take the time to consider how best to proceed.
Matt Lavine’s Guarantees are:
- to explore all legal means to defeat the prosecution’s case;
- to maintain complete communication with my clients;
- to inform my clients of the progress of the case;
- to explain all available options and strategies; and
- to exercise independent judgment and to advocate exclusively for my clients.
Licenses and Court Appearances
Matt Lavine has been admitted to appear before the Courts in the following jurisdictions:
- U.S. Supreme Court
- The State of Maryland
- The Federal District of Maryland
- The District of Columbia
- The Federal District of the District of Columbia
Matt Lavine has defended clients in the following Circuit Courts in the State of Maryland:
- The Circuit Court for Anne Arundel County
- The Circuit Court for Baltimore City
- The Circuit Court for Baltimore County
- The Circuit Court for Calvert County
- The Circuit Court for Carroll County
- The Circuit Court for Cecil County
- The Circuit Court for Charles County
- The Circuit Court for Dorchester County
- The Circuit Court for Frederick County
- The Circuit Court for Howard County
- The Circuit Court for Kent County
- The Circuit Court for Montgomery County
- The Circuit Court for Prince George’s County
- The Circuit Court for Queen Anne’s County
- The Circuit Court for Somerset County
- The Circuit Court for Talbot County
- The Circuit Court for Washington County